Welcome to The Heroes Tavern. Grab a beer, pull up a chair and settle in for some game banter and laughs.
Pick your Hero and ready up because this week the boys take a deep dive into the genre that is MOBA. From League of Legends to the Godly Smite, we’ve got you covered.
With @HitThatRowdyy, @SpazRus and @TheBSMuffin. We are @HeroesTavernpod on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. You can email us at HeroesTavernPod@gmail.com
Our new banner was made by Verdant King Art, please go check out his other great work. www.facebook.com/VerdantKingArt
- 0:00:00 Intro and Hello
- 0:03:33 What is this episode?
- 0:05:25 It’s a genre study!
- 0:06:27 Now for the news…guys..anyone?
- 0:07:02 News – Switch Hack and online service
- 0:09:24 Josh’s first VB
- 0:12:24 What’s a MOBA, this history of the genre
- 0:25:26 MOBA term creation
- 0:28:34 Notable titles and spin-offs
- 0:31:00 How WE define MOBAs
- 0:33:20 Entry into PC gaming, learning stats and controls
- 0:36:29 Multi-body heroes
- 0:39:33 DOTA v League, the differences
- 0:41:51 Tall Poppy Syndrome and toxicity
- 0:43:58 Meta and conventions
- 0:52:32 Overwatch?
- 0:53:36 HotS bias
- 0:55:46 Mobile MOBAs
- 1:01:58 Aussie eSports scene
- 1:08:10 Nick tells us what he really thinks
- 1:09:13 Wrap up and goodbye